“For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him” (1 Samuel 1:27).
Curious about the cost of adoption?
Application and Home Study Fees= $7,700-10,000
U.S. Processing Fees= $5,000
International Program Fees (due at time acceptance of 1 child)= $23,300
Travel Costs (2 trips to South Korea)= $13,000
Post-placement Costs (3-4 required visits)= $2,600
Be a piece of the puzzle that helps us bring our missing piece home!
To show our love and appreciation for those who have already given and for those still interested in being a part of our story we are launching a puzzle fundraiser.
How does it work?
- We have a 1000 piece custom puzzle.
- We are selling each piece for $25. You can chose to buy 1, 2, 3, or 10 pieces! There is no limit!
- To purchase via GoFundMe visit our page at https://www.gofundme.com/thelambrechtsadopt. To purchase via PayPal or to mail in a check, please scroll down for more details on how to get our information.
- Once you have purchased a puzzle piece, we will write your name on the back of the puzzle pieces you’ve purchased. (***If you have already donated you already have puzzle pieces with your name on them!!)
- Once every single piece has been “sold” or when we feel like we are ready to end the fundraiser, we will put the puzzle together and hang it in a double-sided glass frame in our child’s room so, as a family, we can look back and be reminded of all the amazing people who had a “piece” in bringing us together.
The cost of adoption is substantial. We are terrified, excited, anxious, humbled, and thrilled to have the opportunity to adopt. We promised ourselves we wouldn’t let the money prevent us from having a family. We strongly believe that the cost of adoption should never prevent families from being formed. We are stepping out in faith despite the looming financial hurdle we have to overcome in order to start our family. We trust that God will provide as he always does.
We are doing everything we can to be prepared to welcome a beautiful new life into our home. As part of our adoption process, we have started a crowdfunding campaign. We are anticipating spending about $52,000 to bring our child home from South Korea. This is why we have set a goal of $35,000 to help ease the financial burden that often overwhelms adoptive parents.
Asking for any kind of financial assistance is way outside of our comfort zone and it is not something that we do lightly. However, many parts of this process have been, and will continue to be, way outside of our comfort zone. We are not trying to guilt anybody and we would never expect or demand anything. We know that everybody’s family and financial situations are different.
We hope that by inviting you into this process, you will see yourself as part of the community we hope to build around our child as he or she grows up.
We cannot possibly express what your gifts, encouragement, and prayers mean to us. Just simply know, you are forever changing our lives and the life of a child, the child God has chosen for us, who needs two loving, Christian parents.
For more information on how you can help us bring our child home, please visit our crowdfunding profile at gofundme.com/thelambrechtsadopt.
“I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you” (John 14:18).
THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts for your love, prayers, and support. We hope that you continue to follow along with us on our journey to bring our child home!